Blockchain Gamers Connect London is right around the corner
Check out these seminars from 40 speakers, set to take place 21-22 January.
Gameunculus is taking over London, mate! London? Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup of tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f*cking Poppins. London! So he put his trousers on and took an intergalactic rocketship to London for the Blockchain Gamer Connects London event. He’ll be arriving on January 21, just in time for the beginning of the event. This is a special occasion because it marks the debut of the show in the UK, following a successful debut in San Francisco and a record-breaking conference in Helsinki.
The event will have 4 conference tracks: The blockchain basics, A link to the future, Gamemaker sessions and ICO insights & token trends. Here are some of the talks:
- Robby Young, CEO of Animoca Brands will host a seminar walking you through a successful case study to get some insight on a few blockchain basics.
- Player ownership, why it matters, and tips for securing assets on the blockchain, by Domraider and Deckbound’s Gareth Jenkins.
- Game Maker sessions, hosted by Everdragons’s CEO Patrick Rieger and Soccer Manager’s CEO Andrew Gore.
- Stick Sports’ Founder and CEO Paul Collins will take a look at the financial side of blockchain games, including token economics, monetization and how it is different from free-to-play.
- Why gaming can't reach its full potential nor support larger audiences of gamers, by the Worldwide Asset eXchange (WAX) CEO, William Quigley.
- Sebastien Borget, Co-Founder and COO of Pixowl, will refer to tokens in his talk about the powers behind NFTs in blockchain gaming and the new standards for composable NFTs — such as ERC-1155.
- EverdreamSoft’s Shaban Shaame, Blockchain Cuties’ Vladimir Tomko, B2Expand’s Marie Franville and Tony Pearce will talk about the valuable lessons that they’ve learned that are worth taking to the next generation of blockchain games.
Blockchain Gamer Connects London is part of the UK’s biggest B2B event for the gaming industry, Pocket Gamer Connects event, which also includes PC Connects return for 2019.
And hey, if you think that this is an event just for the talks, then you got another thing comin’. There are also going to be Roadshow Pitching Sessions, where a panel of investors will listen to pitches from blockchain professionals and entrepreneurs. Applications are already closed, but you can still enjoy watching other people give the pitch of their lives. This event also includes other networking opportunities, such as the global connects party and the speaker and VIP reception.
Oh, and one last thing. If you tell ‘em you're our friend, you’ll get a special discount! Just make sure you enter the code UNCULUS on the registration page and you’ll receive a 20% discount on your ticket!